Northern Michigan Woman Magazine loves to bring inspirational and educational stories to the women of our area! Do you have a story to share?
Guidelines of what we are looking for:
- Local Northern Michigan women sharing their personal journey
- First-person point of view
- Approximately 600 words
- 1-2 photos of high resolution (JPG, CMYK, 300 dpi) – You MUST include any photographer credit needed for professional photography. (Candid shots will not have a photo credit. Professional photography only.) Vertical photos may be considered for possible cover position – so be sure to submit a vertical one if you have it too!
- Please include the photos as separate attachments to the email.
- Please clearly note the photo file names and corresponding photo credit in your document.
- 1-2 title options
- A bio must be included
- All written material (title, article, photo credit info, bio) must be included in one Word document with high resolution photos attached separately.
- Here are examples of past issues to get the ‘feel’ of our publication.
Submit a brief paragraph outlining your idea to email@example.com and we’ll be back in touch if we are interested. Articles are not compensated monetarily, but may receive perks such as free attendance to an upcoming local event.
We are looking for articles to fit each theme of the issues this year:
- Jan/Feb FITNESS
- Mar/April CAREER
- May/June MOTHERHOOD
- July/Aug HOME
- Sept/Oct HEALTH
- Nov/Dec HOLIDAY
So many ideas, we’d love to hear from you!